UK Lifestyle blog consisting of fashion, Travel and Interviews!

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Garnier Summerbody Moisturising Lotion Sun-Kissed Look Review

I've never been the type of girl to fake tan however after missing my tan from my holiday in Corfu, I decided to give it a go. I wasn't sure about going the whole way and getting myself a spray tan but I heard about Garnier summerbody moisturizer from vloggers Tanya Burr and Anna Sacconne-Joly and felt that this could be the one for me.



I got brought this is the deeper shade as I have a natural olive and thought this would be better for my skin tone. I got this from Wilkinson’s for the bargain price of £2.50 but it is also available from Boots and Superdrug for a slightly higher price. I'm always on the look out and researching into more affordable products that are still great quality so I was really pleased when I found this product with such a good price tag! 
What I like about this product is that is doesn't have a horrible fake tan smell to it which most products do even other gradual tan products like the Johnson's Holiday Skin body lotion. It says it has an apricot scent to it and I would have to agree it’s very fruity and summery which is great for this time of the year.

The application and how I found using this product: 

Before applying the product you will want to have exfoliated to get rid of any dead or dry skin the product may cling on to. I find the easiest was to do this is to use my body shop body scrub and to also use a shower puff which you can really cheap from most supermarkets or chemists. Then moisturize you legs a little let that soak in and then apply the gradual tan just so you get the best effect from the product. 


Just to give you an idea of what the product look likes.

After the first time using it (I put it on before I went to sleep) I noticed a difference already, which was quite a surprise, as I wasn't expecting to be so effective so quickly. I was left with a really nice subtle glow and I was really pleased with the effects. I continued to use this for 2-3 more nights until I felt I had the look I wanted. The tan lasted after this for around 4-6 days even after using a body scrub. Overall I'm really pleased with this product and definitely would recommend it if you're looking for a short-term tan. Let me know if you use a gradual tanner or another type of fake tan, i'm interested to know what other people are using and how they get on!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I genuinely swear by this product - such a huge fan! I'm always surprised I never manage to get it streaky, and that it lasts for so long! Doesn't smell fake-tanny either :)
    http://ohmyolivia.blogspot.co.uk/ xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great isn't it, i want to be tanned but i'm worried i'll end up looking a bit "TOWIE" so this is perfect for me!

      Delete
  2. I use this too! It's so good for the price!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for commenting on my blog! I appreciate every single comment I get! Daisy x

Blogger Template Created by pipdig